I mentioned – in an earlier post – that I would list the next books for the Accra Book Club. All part of my selfless pr role????
- Tail of the blue bird, by Nii Ayikwei Parkes
- a Terry Pratchett evening, with discussion on the Discworld and its recurring characters
- Pride and prejudice, by Jane Austen
- It’s our turn to eat, by Michaela Wrong
- House of spirits, by Isabel Allende
- The help, by Kathryn Stockett.
- In the skin of a lion, by Michael Ondaatje
I actually have several of the books, which makes me both pleased, yet feeling somewhat bereft that I wanted books that I wouldn’t necessarily thought of myself!
For those who are interested. this batch will start in June 2010. If anyone wants more information about the ABC, do leave a comment here, and I will get in touch.
Hi! I didn’t even know there was a book club in Accra, my sister and I were just trying to find one! Please tell me more about the hows and whys? Thanks
Will send you an email separately.