I shouldn’t offer any excuses for the lack of posts, but personal issues have impinged. In September I was away, attending a family wedding, and October has been full of less pleasant domestic issues.
So I should have talked about the following:
- The Ghana International Book Fair, which is taking place in Accra, at the Trade Fair, 2 -6 November 2010. Of course I will go, even if I am not invited to any of the parallel events!
- My new Kindle – yes I succumbed!
- My reactions to Benjamin Kwakye’s latest novel, The other crucifix, especially after having re-read his first novel, The clothes of nakedness, as part of the Ashesi campus wide read!
- The fact that many colleagues working in academic libraries here in Ghana were in Tamale to attend a gathering of the Committee of University Librarians and their Deputies (CULD) which took place 28-29 October 2010.
- But in Accra, I attended a presentation by Denise Beaulieu at IDEG on the production and dissemination of knowledge by various civil society organisations in Ghana
Just to mention a few…
So I guess I should get my act together, and do a little writing, and add a few more links.