I know that some people do come across Accra Book Club via this blog.
So here are Accra Book Club’s selections for 2016, though the first book was read in December 2015
- The fishermen, by Chigozie Obioma – December 2015
- Go set a watchman & To kill a mockingbird, by Harper Lee – January 2016
- All the light we cannot see, by Anthony Doerr – February 2016
- A spool of blue thread, by Anne Tyler – March 2016
- A tale for the time being, by Ruth Ozeki – April 2016
- Circling the sun, by Paula McLain – May 2016
- Hiding in plain sight, by Nurrudin Farah – June 2016
- The children’s crusade, by Ann Packer – August 2016
- Everything I told you, by Pauline Ng – September 2016
- The dinner, by Herman Koch – October 2016
- The girl on the train, by Paula Hawkins – December 2016
I missed the discussion of the first book – work commitments prevented me from attending this gathering, much to my distress. [One of the disadvantages of working one and half hours out of Accra!]
I have read both the Harper Lee books, and am looking forward to this discussion, coming up at the end of January.
I have physical copies of three of the remaining nine books; the remaining ones I will probably read on my tablet.
Obviously, if someone is interested in joining this book club, please leave a comment, and I will send you further details.