I did a fair amount of reading during 2015, though I didn’t meet my target of 75 books in the Goodreads challenge for 2015: I read 72 books which was 96% – not too bad!
I still tend to read more physical books than e-books – 60% for the physical. And still have four shelves+ of To Be Read titles! And yes, there are TBR titles on my Kindle too!
I borrowed about 5% of the books read – mostly from where I work (an academic library).
My reading in 2015 was still dominated by fiction – about 60%, with women authors featuring in over 50% of the titles read.
As usual I read a fair number of crime, science fiction/fantasy and thriller books – covering more than a third of what I read.
These were some of my favourite 2015 books:
- Midnight in the garden of good and evil, by John Berendt
- The short and tragic life of Robert Peace, by Jeff Hobbs
- An untamed state, by Roxane Gay
- Southern Reach trilogy, by Jeff Vandermeer
- Child 44, by Tom Rob Smith
- The passage, by Justin Cronin
- Colour my English, by Caryl Phillips