Accra Book Club is one of the three book clubs/book groups I belong to.
Here are our reads – actual, and planned for 2018:
- The ministry of utmost happiness, by Arundhati Roy – January 2018 (actually discussed on 1 February. I don’t think any of us was overly enthused)
- Exit West, by Mohsin Hamid – February 2018 (we will probably combine this with number 3, but I do need to get started on it).
- The orphan master’s son, by Adam Johnson – March 2018
- Stay with me, by Ayobami Adebayo – April 2018
- Lincoln in the Bardo, by George Saunders – May 2018
- Anything is possible, by Elizabeth Strout – June 2018
- Memoirs of a polar bear, by Yoko Tawada – August 2018
- The woman next door, by Yewande Omotoso – September 2018
- Confessions of the lioness, by Mia Couto – October 2018
- Under the Udala trees, by Chinelo Okparanta – November 2018
- The automobile club of Egypt, by Alaa al Aswany – December 2018
Quite a few African works in this batch – more than usual!
As usual I will probably read most of these on Kindle, but I do already five titles in hard copy.