I also belong the NAWA book group, which is made up of members of NAWA – a multinational group of women. This group is as a result restricted to NAWA members, but I still felt like sharing the titles of our reads.
For the first few months of 2018 this book group is reading the following:
- Hillbilly elegy, by J D Vance [this was our January read]
- The gift of rain, by Tan Twan Eng [I actually read this last year while on vacation; it was long but really good] – for February 2018
- The miraculous fever tree, by Fiametta Rocco – originally for March 2018 but cancelled
- Stay with me, by Ayobami Adebayo – now the March 2018 read
- Exit West, by Mohsin Hamid [I just finished reading this for Accra Book Club] – for April 2018
- Fever dream, by Samanta Schweblin
- Empire of the summer moon, by S C Gwynne
- A year of marvelous ways, by Sarah Winman
Unfortunately, I usually end up missing the discussions as they take place during the day, while yours truly is at work. Sigh…
But I still read the books.